Achar is a Nepali tomato based dipping sauce. It is used as a dip for varieties of snacks. This achar perfectly compliments the MOMO .
MOMO ko Achar!!
- 8-10 medium sized ripe tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 3 Green chilies
- ¼ teaspoon Sichuan pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Toast the sesame seed and set it aside.
- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in the pan and add the cumin seed.
- Once the cumin seed starts turning dark brown in color , add the diced tomatoes, green chilies, cloves of garlic, turmeric powder, sichuan pepper(timur) and salt to taste.
- Cook it for about 10-15 minutes, once the tomato reached the puree consistency turn off the stove and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, blend the toasted sesame seed.
- Once the tomato mixture is cool enough blend it with cilantro and blended sesame seed into a smooth puree.
- Adjust the salt and spiciness according to your taste.